3 Replies Latest reply on 28-Oct-2016 11:33 AM by jim.strachan

TLLP 2.0 or PKE

mickyrenders

Hello Everyone : ) Teacher Learning & Leadership Program (TLLP)

We are still very early on this TLLP journey (Mindfulness and Resiliency Project) but are feeling like we will probably want to follow up our research with a more practical, applied project on using mindfulness; perhaps writing some curriculum for using mindfulness in school, or mentoring with others on a pilot project in our board...not sure what it will look like yet!

Would it be better to apply for a followup TLLP or PKE or both? Any suggestions?

Thanks

micky

• Re: TLLP 2.0 or PKE
          jim.strachan

Hey Micky --  Happy Thursday!

In a nutshell, the Provincial Knowledge Exchange (PKE) is a funded opportunity for your board (or another board) to tap into the learning you have done in your TLLP.  So support for sharing your learning with a broader audience of educators.  Your board wouldn't apply now for a PKE for your project - rather it would be next fall when your TLLP is "complete" as the funding is "in year".  (so unlike TLLP when you're applying almost a year in advance).

Here is a bit more about the PKE.  I hope this makes sense and thank you so much for continuing to share your TLLP "learning journey" here on TeachOntario in your group!

All the best!

Jim

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            mickyrenders

Thank you jim.strachan maureen.asselin. I think I now have a better understanding of PKE. I guess it will be up to our board to decide if they want to pursue that- and of course we will express our interest and advocate for them to do so. My question then becomes, if we want to take our TLLP another step further, should we apply to the TLLP again? We may not get it, however it wouldn't hurt, would it?  We can already see where this needs to go-we just want to be able to take it there. We want to take what we learn this year, and write curriculum to support our students and others...we are definitely seeing the need/interest from everyone we talk to about mindfulness.

jim.strachan

Right -- so you could apply now for a TLLP again Micky perhaps broadening your focus in some way to differentiate it from your current project.

And then next fall (or before!) you could also approach your board lead re: a PKE based on sharing out your learning from this year's project.  The PKE process is much quicker (i.e. apply Sept-Oct and receive funding if approved by Nov of the same year)

Hoping this is helpful and wishing you Happy Friday!

Jim