Event has ended
Students learn best when their well-being is optimised, and they develop a strong sense of well-being when they experience success in learning. Schools play a vital role in the cognitive, emotional, social and physical development of children. A focus on ‘whole’ child development leads to higher levels of well-being and academic performance.
- Introduce teacher candidates to the ministry’s perspective on well-being
- Encourage teacher candidates to consider the impact and importance of well-being on their practice
- Increase understanding of the Four Domains of Well Being – Cognitive, Social, Emotional and Physical
- Examine four key components of Well Being – Positive Mental Health, Safe and Accepting Schools, Healthy Schools, Equity and Inclusive Education
- Provide time for teacher candidates to examine, explore and share their personal understanding of Well Being and sense of self
- Work through and discuss scenarios they will potentially face a new teachers, discuss strategies to be used when faced with these scenarios and how a person’s actions and/or inactions might impact on a student’s well-being and their achievement.
Please ignore date below! Date and registration information coming soon.
When and Where
Start Time:4-Oct-2016 2:00 PM EDT (America/New_York)
End Time:4-Oct-2016 3:00 PM EDT (America/New_York)
Event Location:Adobe Connect Webinar
Event Visibility & Attendance Policy:Open
- teachontario.team (Owner)