What is TVO mPower?
TVO mPower is a suite of online games that supports the development of K-6 math and STEM skills.
Is TVO mPower free?
Yes! TVO mPower is completely free for Ontario residents. There are no ads, in-game purchases or hidden fees.
How do I create an TVO mPower account?
- Go to TVO mPower
- Click on the Create an Account button
- Once you've created your free account, you'll receive an email notification with your password
What do I do after I create my account?
- Authenticate your email
- Check for an email notification from mPower - be sure to check your junk mail folder
- If you haven’t received it after a couple of minutes, refresh your email
- Sign in and get started!
- Contact us for additional support
Can I create an TVO mPower account outside of Ontario?
TVO mPower is currently only available to Ontario residents. If you're in Ontario and experiencing issues, contact us.
What do I do if I'm having trouble signing in?
Make sure that you:
- Use the same email address that you used to create your account
- Enter the password exactly as shown
- Meet the system requirements
- Reset your password by clicking on Trouble Signing In
If you're experiencing issues, please contact us.
How do I reset my password?
You can reset your password on the sign in screen.
Can I play TVO mPower on all devices?
TVO mPower is available on desktop computers, laptops, and iPad tablets. Smartphones and other tablets are currently not supported. See system requirements.
How can a school username and password be used at home?
There are two options:
- Students can sign into mPower just like they do at school
- Add the school account to your home account - this allows students to sign in with a single click!
Can a student choose what games to play?
Yes. Students can get to each game directly through Quick Play. Games are organized alphabetically and by theme.
How is student progress monitored?
TVO mPower tracks student progress and responds to student needs as they play! Assessment reports are also available to inform classroom programming through the Educator Account.
What should I do with the student account at the end of the school year?
It is recommended to that you change your child's mPower grade level. If you are a parent:
- Sign in to your mPower account
- Click the pencil icon in the top right corner
- Click the profile that you want to edit
- Select their new grade
If you are a teacher:
- Sign in to your mPower account
- Click on the Manage Students tab
- Click the Edit link beside the student that you want to change
- Select the new grade
What are the TVO mPower system requirements?
TVO mPower supports the following web browsers:
- For Microsoft Windows: Chrome version 36+, or Firefox version 31+
- For Mac: Safari 5+, Chrome version 36+, or Firefox version 31+
- For iPad: Safari on iOS 6+
Note: All other devices, including iPhones, Android tablets, and Chromebooks are not currently supported.
Is there an TVO mPower app that I can download?
TVO mPower is supported by a number of web browsers, including Safari on iPads - it is not an app.
Is TVO mPower available in French or in any other language?
TVO mPower is only available in English.
What personal information is collected by TVO mPower?
How can I get more help?
For additional help, please contact us