Funded by the Ontario government and administered by TVO, Homework Help is a FREE online math resource for studentsGrades 7 - 10, educators teaching Mathematics and students in Ontario.
- REGISTER for an Educator account by following the steps below. Registering allows you access to ALL of the 24/7 online math resources, as well as being able to watch live tutor sessions in the evenings and weekend. If you prefer, you can also watch this brief video that walks through the steps of registering.
- GO TO www.tvo.org/homeworkhelp
a) Click "FREE REGISTRATION."
b) Scroll down and click "Go to Educator Registration."
c) Complete the form and provide a Board Certified email address.
- TAKE A TOUR of the various online math resources available on Homework Help, now that you have registered for an educator account. Each of the resources are summarized below with clickable links. If you prefer, you can also watch a video about the resources.
- Ask A Tutor Chat
- Homework Help provides free, live one-on-one tutoring with Ontario certified teachers five days a week (Sunday to Thursday from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm ET).
- Tutors work with students on a shared screen until students understand their math question.
- Digital Locker
- Students' tutoring sessions are automatically recorded and stored in their Homework Help digital locker.
- Students can save other students' sessions by "tagging" the sessions while they are watching.
- Recorded and "tagged" sessions are available 24/7.
- Best Session Videos
- Students can learn from other students by watching recordings of past tutor-student chats.
- Over 300 searchable videos that can be replayed anytime 24/7.
- These short videos are great to use as a model when introducing new concepts in class, or for working in groups to explore the "why" and "how" of solutions.
- Try watching a recorded tutoring session. Play from 3:00 to 0:00 (the video counts backwards).
- Interactive Tutorials
- Students can build their math skills or learn new concepts with these fun, animated tutorials.
- These tutorials cover a variety of topic, from decimal numbers to writing equations of lines.
- The Interactive Tutorials are great for whole class instruction, independent exploration, and/or centre learning.
- Listen & Learn
- Listen & Learns take students step-by-step through a topic like a teacher would in class
- Students can watch the video, print the presentation notes and finish off with a quiz to self-assess their learning.
- Join the Homework Help: A Great Classroom Resource group on TeachOntario. (You will need to be logged into TeachOntario to access this group.)
- Explore the group (Resources, FAQ, Request an Ambassador, Promotional materials, etc)
- Click on the Discussion button. Respond to the following question: How might you use Homework Help to support Student Learning in Mathematics?